JERUSALEM – The program of the Assembly of Catholic Ordinaries of the Holy Land Plenary Session on October 2-3, 2013, Amman, Jordan.
ORDINARY PLENARY ASSEMBLEY
October 2-3, 2013
October 1, 2013
Arrive in Amman / Possibility of lodgings at Regina Pacis – give advance notice.
October 2, 2013
9.00 Liturgy of the Hours (Third) – A brief meditation (H.E. Bishop Maroun Lahham)
9.45 Welcome Address – His Beatitude Fouad Twal, ACOHL President
– Approval of Minutes of previous meeting
– Sharing on international meetings
- Symposium of the Oriental Patriarchs in Amman by invitation of King Abdullah II (September 1-3, 2013) (H.B. Patriarch Fouad Twal)
- World Youth Day – WYD (Bishops Shomali, Marcuzzo, Chacour)
- Secretaries of the European Episcopal Conference (Fr. Felet)
– Rite of taking possession of a parish by a new pastor (H.E. Bishop Maroun Lahham)
10.30 Coffee break
11.00 Refugees: Invitees – Caritas Jordan, PMP, The Hope Fund, the pastors of Mafraq, Hosson, Zerka.
15.30 Christian immigrants in Jordan – meeting with the chaplains and representatives (Sri Lanka, India, Philippine, English and Spanish-speaking countries).
17.00 Solemn Mass, Church of the Good Shepherd, at Queen of Peace Center, celebrated by H.E. the Apostolic Nuncio and concelebrated by all the Ordinaries with the participation of Christian Diplomats.
In communion with the Christian community in Jordan, we pray for Pope Francis
18.30 Reception hosted by the Apostolic Nunciature.
October 3, 2013
– Morning Prayer and Eucharistic Celebration (H.B. Fouad Twal)
– “Rules of Conduct” for cases of “sexual abuse”.
– ‘Justice and Peace’ document on military service of Christians in Israel by H.B. Patriarch-Emeritus Sabbah, presentation by H.E. Bishop Marcuzzo
10.30 Coffee break
– Easter 2013 – what lessons does one draw in view of a definitive decision on the unification of the celebration of Easter? The Churches in Jordan and Cyprus are a living testimony.
– Meeting between the Israeli Minister of Education and the Secretary of Christian schools in Israel on problems of financing unofficial educational institutes. (H.E. Bishop Zerey and Fr. Abdel-Massih).
– Meeting of families (H.E. Bishop Maroun Lahham)
– Year of Faith at the regional, diocesan and parish level (The Ordinaries)
– International Day of Faith in Nazareth (Fr. Felet)
– Religion and Catechetics competition in Galilee (M. Totri)
– World Mission Day
– The journey of the relics of Don Bosco in the Holy Land (sharing)
– ID of the Assembly for Ecclesiastical Tribunal Judges
– Appointment of the Secretary General of the Assembly
Dates to remember
– World Mission Day (collection) October 20, 2013
– Caritas Day (Awareness day) to be determined
– Amman: meeting with Catholic Women October 24-27, 2013
– Nazareth: International Day of Faith November 16-17, 2013
– Jerusalem: Holy Land Coordination January 6-10, 2014
– Next Assembly: Tabor? Tabgha? Korazim? Cyprus ? March 10-12, 2014 ??
– Spiritual Retreat day (Abbot Gregory Collins, OSB) to be determined
– A day and a half working as an assembly to be determined
17.30 Evening Prayer, conclusion and departure